Thursday 22 November 2012

Thanks Giving in SL

One good thing about second life is that it forces you to accept the cultures and customs of other people whom you won't ever meet in your entire life time.Not that I ever felt myself forced. I actually enjoy it but yes saying Happy Thanks Giving to the 11th person becomes tiresome. So I just popped open randomly a few boxes and said Thank you .. as expected .. all were surprised !
But today I did feel that I have accumulated around 50 + people in my contact list with whom I never talk. And now it would be too late to say hi after having them in contact list for 2 years and never even speaking a word to them... So I decided to remove them.. In less then 5 mins I got ims .. with questions as why did you remove me ? I thought we were friends .. I asked to them only 1 question..where did we meet and when had we spoken last ?
No Answer from them ..
The problem I feel is that people now can't differentiate between a friend , close friend, acquaintances and their Best Friend (s) . That also sometimes wonders me. How can you have more than 1 best friend ? I mean Besties..are diff and hanging out with close friends is diff.
Anyways enough of rambling for the moment  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment