Sunday 7 April 2013

Fashion Crisis..

Yep,Fashion Crisis .. the one big thing I am foreseeing in the future of second life but only for males though.Well , actually may be I am afraid of the feminization that's been happening all over world specially second life.Hold on.. before you call me a chauvinist pig, let me explain why did I choose to whine about fashion crisis and feminism in second life.I do respect females and if you don't know me I don't care..but lets get straight to the facts.
The females have a choice of 532173 more items as compared to an average male in second life ..What the Chubble ..

I actually got whiny because I wanted to enter an established avatar photo contest in second life ..there was indeed a very tough competition, but what put me off was that I was supposed to give them a detailed note of all the items I would be wearing ...Why would I do that ..yes they hold prestigious events and are 100000 times more beneficial to the second life economy than a south west asian resource leech like me..but it does not mean I am going to to advertise whatever I have bought after exploring hundreds of shops for months.[yes for those of you don't know there are a lot of awesome hidden fabulous shops which are not on marketplace ]
Also I guess the fashion crisis that is happening for males in second life is due to the spam bloggers. Every 3rd blogger you see in second life is going to be a female who sits on her laptop , spamming notecards to poor designers claiming to 'review' their work. Yes designers do benefit from that..a lot but has it ever occurred to someone why do these self claimed fashionistas never ever approach a designer who still works hard to make his business thrive but does not have the capital to invest in a big sim or even rent a shop ?
Why not blog about an affiliate shop... oh probably they won't give you an outfit for 'review'.If the affiliate sells more, both the designer,affiliate,customers and linden lab will be happy !
Ok...coming back to fashion crisis...how many stores are there for males actually that are awesomely good ?
I went to the fashion event hollywood and barely a handful of designers cared to put a freebie for males too.I made sure to buy stuff from their main stores as a sign of appreciation. [Honestly 3 stores remain but I will buy from them as soon as I manage to earn a bit of lindens]
But the thing is why are we ..specially males when we try to submit pictures for photographs have to state the designers.Don't believe me ? Try to wear your best male outfit at a crowded  place for example bloodlines. If in next 48 hours atleast 3 people are not wearing it ... I will pay you back the entire amount of your outfit !
With such a huge fashion crisis in second life how can we males ever thrive ? ..BTW if you have ever visited bdsm in sl... 90% of the females there top you from bottom..so are we men basically facing fashion crisis because second life is being dominantly feminist or its just my stupid point of view ?

1 comment:

  1. honestly, female attire is much easier to make, that's why it's so much more dominant (also, we shop CONSTANTLY) but i run kalraye's confections (this is therachelraye from the clan btw) and i do have mens clothing there. the problem is the lack of fashion sense i have as a woman to dress men. I own tons of mesh layouts i could use for men, but I dont know how i should go about applying certain textures to them to make them original and unique.

    ReplyDelete